Friday, March 13, 2015

ESCAPE FROM LAKE ALICE NZ

When i was let out of Lake Alice for christmas I was so happy even having to be in a home full of fighting and hate drinking and more yelling but it was still better than being in Lake Alice then I heard Mum and Dad talking about sending me back so packed a few things and moved to under the bridge in town steeling peoples milk money for food. After a few days i saw a job for a dairy farm worker in pahiatua so hitched a ride south to see if i could get the position I got the job they asked when I could start I said nows good as i was an orphan and had come up from wellington no point in going anywhere so that was a warm bed and food and a bit of pocket money. the work was hard the hours long I was soon fit and strong for the first year i never left that farm I had saved some money so went to town one Sunday to buy a car advertised in the paper it was a Hillman Californian. I was still afraid of being spotted by the local cop and taken back to lake alice I drove so carefully as to never get pulled up then after being in that job for about two years the leader of the local Ventura scouts asked my boss if they could use the old disused house at the other of the farm as a scout den he said yes and I thought that might give me a chance to meet some people well that was the start of a nightmare after a few weeks of them meeting there a boy came up to me and asked if I remembered him I said no I don't think we have meet he said yes we had he was in Lake Alice with me I was frozen I did not know what to do or say he said he wondered what happened to me and why i did not return after christmas he said he was discharged a few weeks back I said thats grate and made the excuse i had to go do some work, I was so afraid he would report seeing me and the cops would turn up to take me back to Lake Alice I milked that night and when every one was asleep put my stuff in my car and left never to return did not even get that weeks pay i was off and stayed sort of i suppose you could say on the run living in fear as i was sure if i was caught I would be sent back and i would get punished with so much more ECT that i would die as others had or so rumours had it. I was about 34 before i relaxed as found out that Lake Alice had been closed the fear i lived in seams so dumb now but for that time it was so real as to me it was the same as escaping from jail

Now I spend my time fighting for some sort of Justice for what happened in that mad horrible place
and only now mending fences with my brothers who did not know if i was dead or alive but still keeping them at arms length for now still a lot of hurt




please click on link and sign my petition then retweet thank-you

8 comments:

  1. My Brother was a Lake Alice victim – he was 15, schizophrenic, and had bi polar disorder.

    He couldn’t cope with life that others of his age, lived.

    It was recommended to my parents, that my brother be sent to Lake Alice.

    There he would get the care and treatment, that he could not get elsewhere – a special place for adolescent boys, with psychiatric problems.

    My brother was a gentle and intelligent soul, quiet and loving. He had never been away from home before – but he , like my parents felt that he could no longer cope with the torture and bullying he was receiving at high school – so Lake Alice was the answer.

    The torture and abuse he received at the hands of the Monster Leeks was incredibly evil...

    I have tried for years to find answers to questions, as to why Leeks and his staff, have never been brought to justice,

    Every person and department I have contacted, hand-balled me to yet another department. Result being I hit one brick wall after another.

    The final answer I received was, that Leeks (Now residing in Australia) was too old to ‘bring back to face charges’ and that due to other atrocities he had committed in Australia, he had been “struck off”

    To me, that is no answer, and totally unacceptable !!

    My brother, unlike many Lake Alice victims, has not taken his own like – he is a Lake Alice survivor, and constantly lives with the demons..

    My Brother lives in sheltered accommodation, and is cared for by some amazing carers. Due to privatisation and the appalling wages paid to those in the mental health field, he has no stability – massive financial problems – and many nightmares..

    Hail to my brother, and all survivors of abuse... if only there was justice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes justice is important to aid in recovery maybe the UN will push our govt into providing some

      Delete
    2. If you would like more info or to take this further to try and get some compo i can put you in contact with someone who has all the info on what has and is happening with this he has fought for justice for us since 1977 and knows what your brother is entitled to

      Delete
  2. Yes, I would be interested in contact with someone who can update me on the present situation with compensation - although bringing the monster Leeks back to face the consequence of his atrocities, would be a great outcome !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete