Tuesday, April 11, 2017

State abuse and your partner

most people seem to think the abuse you suffered in a state institution only effects you and only for a short period. Well, they couldn't be more wrong, I have had times where my wife has rolled over to cuddle me in the night and I have laid into her blacking her eye or shoving her onto the floor as dreaming I was been attacked by one of my abusers. The school has even called the police as didn't believe wife explanation and assuming she was been abused,so no not just me affected my whole family have had to endure the shame of there mother dropping them at school with black eyes or whole house woken at night with me screaming in my sleep for them to stop shocking me or waking up crying my eyes out and shaking in fear takes some time to be measured your home and safe in and out of work because you can't cope with the lack of sleep or the bullying for forgetting instructions due to the brain damage from all the ECT. And all the while trying to teach yourself to read and write as no schooling from 10 years old struggling to try to get some sort of rehab to be told you are not damaged enough to qualify and to top it off the govt refuse to have prosecuted your abusers and want to give you just enough compo to cover you legal fees as prevented accessing legal aid and people still say to me just get over it
It was a long time ago well to me it was just last night.




UN Committee against Torture finds NZ in Violation of Abuse Claimants
 Human Rights #lakealicenz 
https://twitter.com/NZHumanRights/status/833462350212526080


No comments:

Post a Comment